The popularity of the well known keto diet is increasing at a staggering rate. Starting from celebrities to fitness experts, everyone has been promoting this weight-loss plan due to its good demonstrative result. Apart from weight loss, it has many other benefits like proper hormonal balance, improvements in heart health, and many others. Between me and you today, we also want to tell you about a supplement that is producing some incredible results for people taking part in a Keto diet. This supplement is none other than the infamous CBD oil. We don’t want to bore you with the details, but click here to check out a Buyer’s Guide by HerbMighty.com for the best CBD oils in 2019. Let us take a more profound insight and know more about this new trend!
Do you know about the ketogenic diet?
Well, in simple words it’s an extremely low carbohydrate, moderate protein, and high-fat content diet plan. Usually, the body breaks down glucose to produce the energy required by our body, but in case of the keto diet, the body uses fat as a fuel and breaks it down to ketones in the liver which provide energy.
To follow a ketogenic diet weight loss program, one must intake food which has 70% fat content, 25% protein and 5% carbohydrates.
Ketosis! Now, what’s that?
Whenever one reads or learns anything about this high-fat diet plan, they are bound to come across the term ketosis! Do not worry; it’s nothing but just a metabolic state of the body. When the carb intake is drastically reduced, the ketone bodies serve as energy suppliers thereby leading to weight loss. This physiological condition of metabolism is referred to as ketosis.
The staircase! Know more.
Here a brief overview will be provided as to how one can attain ketosis weight loss successfully. A step-wise procedure is essential for losing that extra pound without harming your body.
Step 1 –
Drink gallons of water. Drown yourself in water. Just kidding! Jokes apart, water intake is very essential to stop your body from getting dehydrated.
Step 2 –
Try to keep your sodium intake up that will help refill the electrolytes content of your body. Control your carbohydrate consumption. Try to keep it below 35-40g net carbs in one day.
Step 3 –
Eat fat to lose fat. Yes, you read that right. Since fat is the main component which produces ketone bodies on degradation; it’s a necessity to eat more fatty foods. Remember the mantra to consume more fat.
Protein content should also be restricted to 0.8 g in a day to maintain the metabolic state achieved via keto diet! Exercising can be a bonus and will boost your weight-loss process. Keep a proper track of what you eat and make sure the entire meal plan is followed honestly. There are no shortcuts!
What happens when your body gets accustomed to the keto diet?!
More visits to the washroom: Ketone bodies are diuretics, and hence it may lead to increased urination for beginners.
- Reduced hunger.
- Actively energised
- Increased thirst
- Bad breath.
Do not worry and torture yourself with measuring and testing for these symptoms. The nutritional side is more important for your body.
Do some keto measurements!
There are some ways to know whether one’s body has reached ketosis or not. Let’s know how to do that.
- Ketone strips: These strips are readily available in any medical store. It measures the ketone bodies released in urine. Although experts say these are not accurate it will give you some idea.
- Ketone meter: If pricking your finger is not a big thing for you, then this definitely is the best measurement tool. The ketone meter measures the ketone levels in your blood and gives the exact result. This is recommended by maximum people.
- Breath checker: Well, this particular device analyses level of ketosis based on one’s breath. Then again, this one mainly measures acetone levels in a breath and is often considered limited to one ketone.
Kick away the keto flu
People who have followed the keto diet have mostly gone through the keto flu! So, this is a condition of your body which gives you a tired and irritated feeling accompanied by headaches, nausea, and extreme fatigue.
To avoid that here are some tips:
- First and foremost go for a good electrolyte drink.
- Mineral-rich salts must be your BFF at that moment.
- Keep sipping mineral filled bone broths.
- Epsom salt baths are a must for that relaxed feeling.
Avocadoes, nuts and flax seeds should be eaten up to replenish the depleted nutrient level of one’s body during ketosis weight loss.
A glance at the pros of a ketogenic diet
- Restricted blood sugar levels.
- Enhanced weight loss.
- Increased concentration and mental focus.
- It can be a therapeutic tool in controlling epilepsy.
- A keto diet plan can also control blood pressure.
- Goodbye acne.
- Lowering of insulin levels to control diabetes.
- It’s a great tool to improve bowel movements.
Most importantly, it suppresses one’s appetite thereby helping in weight loss.
Want some troubleshooting?
- How much weight is lost?
Well, that varies from person to person. Say, if exercise is added along with the keto diet plan, then more weight will be lost. But losing weight is a necessary result. So worry not and keep following to achieve positive results.
- How much fat should one consume?
You can consume as many fatty foods as you want to. More consumption of fat will not harm you if you are on a moderate protein diet. So in the entire day, your total fat content can be around 70-80% of what you consume.
- What about constipation?
It is very common to get constipated while following a keto diet program. Here are some tricks to avoid that:
- Drink a lot of water
- Take magnesium supplements if needed.
- Fibrous vegetables are your go-to thing.
- Flax seeds can be of great help to get rid of constipation.
- What supplements are required?
Before starting one must consult their doctor as to what vitamins or minerals they must input in their daily meals. Here are some common ones:
- Potassium supplement
- Magnesium supplement
- Vitamin B complex
- Vitamin D
What are you waiting for? Hurry up! Dive right into the ketogenic diet weight loss but only if you want to! For you are the only person, who will be able to decide for yourself at the end of the day!